- Your first step should be to perform a full review of operational losses and preventative measures.
- Petrus provide the above service free of charge.
- We will establish why, where and when your losses are occurring and how to reduce the risk.
- We will review inspection company and terminal performance and highlight areas of concern.
- Trades and areas with inherent financial and operational risk will require special measures and attention.
Loss control needs to be cost effective so we will assist your team put into place an effective loss control strategy. Implementing standard procedures helps enormously in this respect. We can draft these for you.
Cargo Loss Investigations
Our investigation process
Gathering evidence for a potential claim is the most 'time critical' step and ideally needs to be carried out by a trained superintendent who is already on-site.
Step 1. Data Gathering
Step 2. Determine the type and location of loss
Step 3. Review the evidence and official reports
Step 4. Evaluate & Strengthen your position
Step 5. Negotiation or Claim